Travel Award Guidelines for NEURO2024
NEURO2024 offers Travel Awards to enthusiastic, leading, non-Japanese neuroscientists traveling from abroad to present high-quality papers at the meeting. Applications from young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows, also from Asian-Pacific countries are especially encouraged.
The amount of the funding for travel will be between 80,000–190,000 JPY per award.
For researchers within the IBRO-APRC region, especially from FAONS member countries, there is a possibility of being selected for the IBRO-FAONS travel award.
- The meeting registration fee is waived only for successful applicants.
- Recipients receive partial support for travel expenses (airfare from the recipient's country of residence to Japan, and domestic transportation fees in Japan).
- Recipients will need to arrange your accommodation on your own.Recipients are invited to the *International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers on July 23.
*To facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan, all recipients are invited to this mandatory event.
*The award recipients will be invited, so there is no need to register again.
International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers
Registration for NEURO2024
Complimentary Registration: Awardees will be exempt from the registration fee for the meeting.
Unsuccessful applicants: Need to register for the meeting with payment as per category.
TA applicants can make a registration once results decided.
Unsuccessful applicants can also submit an abstract for the meeting as a regular participant by paying the registration fee.
All presenters need to hold membership of one of the following societies: the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS), the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN), or the Japanese society of Biological Psychiatry (JSBP); however, TA applicants need not be a member at the time of application for TA. Application instruction will be sent upon acceptance.
Ineligible for this application
- Symposium speakers
- Other grant recipients related to NEURO2024
- Applicants who are applying via other Neuroscience Affiliations (This means that if you have already applied for the Travel Award for participation in NEURO2024 organized by FENS, SfN, or other neuroscience societies, you cannot apply for this award organized by NEURO2024 in duplicate)
*Applicants from the following countries must apply for the Travel Award through their home Neuroscience Affiliations: China, South Korea, India, and Iran.
Each society has set their own deadline date and guideline. Applicants shall follow their instructions.
For further information, please contact the office of your society below:
China: the Chinese Neuroscience Society
South Korea: the Korean Society for Brain and Neural Science (KSBNS)
India: Indian Academy of Neurosciences (IAN)
Iran: the Iranian Neuroscience Society (INS)
- Once your application has been accepted, the Travel Award selection committee will determine the appropriate amount of support.
- The amount of the Travel Award will not be increased under any circumstances.
- Each recipient must bear any additional expenses.
- We will notify recipients of the time and place at which the award money and certificate will be given during the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers.
- Attendance, and oral or poster presentation at NEURO2024 are mandatory. Award recipients who do not attend NEURO2024 and do not deliver a presentation will have their award revoked.
- A main author is only eligible to receive the Travel Award.
- Participants can only give one oral or poster presentation at the meeting as the first author.
- All presenters at NEURO2024 must be an official member of one of the following societies: the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS), the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN), or the Japanese society of Biological Psychiatry (JSBP).
- Upon acceptance, the JNS, JSN or JSBP office will contact successful applicants and provide instructions for membership registration. Please register for membership after you receive it.
For participants who require a visa
- Participants who require a visa must obtain the visa themselves.
- The meeting organizers will provide necessary visa documents upon request. With the documents we provide, we support your stay only for the 4-day conference plus 3 days. Please contact theNEURO2024 Secretariat with any inquiries or concerns regarding visa applications at email@example.com.
How to Apply for the Travel Award
Please read the following instructions and go to the application site.
1. Prepare the following four documents.
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Copy of your passport (only the page where the photograph of your face appears)
- Abstract for NEURO2024 presentation
For details regarding abstract format, please see the Call for Papers section in the meeting website.
2. Register these documents on the Travel Award Registration site.
3. Letters of Recommendation
- Graduate students/Postdoctoral fellows:
Ask referees for the letters of recommendation. Two letters of recommendation should be sent to the NEURO2024 Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly from recommenders, not from applicants.
One of (two) letters must be from an applicant’s current supervisor.
The letter should be no more than one page in length.
Fill in your referees' names and contact information on the Travel Award Registration form.
- Young principal investigators: No recommendation letter is required.
Registration: December 1st, 2023 to January 10th, 2024 at 5pm JST
Timeline for NEURO2024 (tentative)
Notification to Travel Award Winners
Confirmation of attendance
Completion of Society Membership application (for successful applicants only)
VISA application information provided.
End of April
Notification of presentation schedule and format